- Reduced price
LY5 5.3 Vortec Long Block Crate Engine Sale
The Chevy GM 5.3L 325 LY5 Vortec Long Block Crate Engine Sale has begun! Introduced in 2007 by GM, the LY5 is a 3rd generation Vortec engine with a cast-iron block and features displacement on demand technology. The easiest way to verify that your vehicle has an LY5 engine is by checking making sure the 8th digit of your VIN is the letter "J". Rebuilt LY5 engines can acquire certain flaws during the build process which will lead to an early engine failure. Our long block OEM replacement motors are completely remanufactured using upgraded parts specifically designed to extend the life of your LY5 engine.
For this long block engine to be compatible with your vehicle, the 8th digit of your VIN should be "J".
Core Deposit: $600.00
Our precision remanufactured LY5 block
Every LY5 block must pass our magnaflux inspection designed detect any microscopic flaws or cracking. Blocks are then thermal cleaned followed by steel micro blasting until they achieve a brilliant appearance. Once a block is fully cleaned, we begin our precision boring and honing process. Using a carbon two-stage power hone we can maximize the sealed area and ensure to precisely meet the recommended RMA readings. Computerized micrometers are used to resize rods with strict accordance to factory recommendations. Crankshaft's are precision cut and micro polished to achieve a 12 RMA reading or better.
Custom LY5 long block assembly
We meticulously mill each Cylinder Head until perfect alignment and sealing of the head gasket is achieved. Our Cylinder Heads are assembled using a new valve stem and seals that feature the latest in high temperature technologies increasing heat resistance and longevity. These polished Cylinder Heads are pressure tested using magnetic detection to eliminate the chance of cracks or flaws unseen by the human eye. Before each head is mated their block using the correct torque valve we vacuum test all seals for proper seating. Triple angled cutters are used to machine the valve seats ensuring proper pressures and flow. All valves, valve springs and valve guides must pass our stringent process of meeting and exceeding OEM specifications. O.H.C. Heads are aligned for proper bore consistency. Every remanufactured long block has been specifically engineered to help improve the inherent flaws and failure points that can be found in many of today's engines.
- Core Deposit
- Included With Long Block Engine
- Completely remanufactured Short Block, High Temp Cylinder Heads, New Oil Pump or Oil Pump Kit, Gaskets and Lifters. Timing cover and oil pan not included.
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- ADAPT (Advanced Dyno And Performance Testing) Our highest level of testing
- DOD Cast Iron Block
- Alternate Names
- 325, LY5, 5.3
- Compatible Models
- Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
- Original Manufacturer
- Chevrolet / GM
- Production Years Covered
- 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- Cubic Inches
- 8th Digit Of VIN Compatibility