- Reduced price
LY5 5.3 Vortec Short Block Engine Sale
Our LY5 5.3 liter Vortec Short Block Engine is on sale. This third generation Vortec made its way onto the market in 2007 and was specifically built for GMC and Chevy pickup trucks and SUVs. The LY5 is easily distinguishable from the other 5.3 Vortec motors by its cast-iron case and 8th digit VIN code of "J". Superior to a rebuilt LY5 short block, our XP1 series has been completely remanufactured with upgraded parts. This OEM replacement LY5 has been designed to increase the life of your vehicle.
VIN Compatibility 8th digit: J
Core Deposit: $350.00
Our LY5 short block engine remanufacturing process
Our LY5 short block's have been remanufactured to perfection using our own multifaceted process developed to not only match but exceed factory tolerances. Every block must pass our magnaflux inspection designed detect any microscopic flaws or cracking. Blocks are then thermal cleaned followed by steel micro blasting until they achieve a brilliant appearance. Once a block is fully cleaned, we begin our precision boring and honing process. Using a carbon two-stage power hone we can maximize the sealed area and ensure to precisely meet the recommended RMA readings. Computerized micrometers are used to resize rods with strict accordance to factory recommendations. Crankshaft's are precision cut and micro polished to achieve a 12 RMA reading or better. Before leaving our facility every Short Block must clear our meticulous quality control evaluation that undoubtedly has the highest of industry standards.
- Core Deposit
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- DOD, Aluminum Block
- Alternate Names
- 325, LY5, 5.3
- Compatible Models
- Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
- Original Manufacturer
- Chevrolet GM
- Production Years Covered
- 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- ADAPT (Advanced Dyno And Performance Testing) Our highest level of testing
- Cubic Inches
- 8th Digit Of VIN Compatibility