- Reduced price
4.7 285 Long Block Crate Engine Sale
Our 4.7 liter 285 Long Block Crate Engine sale is here! This popular motor can be found in many Dodge and Jeep applications like the Durango, Ram, and Cherokee. The Chrysler Corporation started production of the 285 engine in 1999 and continued it's long service until 2013. We have come a long ways from the days of a rebuilt 4.7 long block. Our XP1 series engines are completely remanufactured at our state-of-the-art facility using the latest upgrades and aftermarket technologies to increase the longevity of this OEM replacement.
1999-2008: SOHC- 16 or 32 Crank Teeth w/ or w/o EGR
2008-2013: SOHC-32 Teeth Crank w/ EGR
Our precision 285 remanufactured block
Every 285 block must pass our magnaflux inspection designed detect any microscopic flaws or cracking. Blocks are then thermal cleaned followed by steel micro blasting until they achieve a brilliant appearance. Once a block is fully cleaned, we begin our precision boring and honing process. Using a carbon two-stage power hone we can maximize the sealed area and ensure to precisely meet the recommended RMA readings. Computerized micrometers are used to resize rods with strict accordance to factory recommendations. Crankshaft's are precision cut and micro polished to achieve a 12 RMA reading or better.
Custom 4.7 long block assembly
We meticulously mill each Cylinder Head until perfect alignment and sealing of the head gasket is achieved. Our Cylinder Heads are assembled using a new valve stem and seals that feature the latest in high temperature technologies increasing heat resistance and longevity. These polished Cylinder Heads are pressure tested using magnetic detection to eliminate the chance of cracks or flaws unseen by the human eye. Before each head is mated their block using the correct torque valve we vacuum test all seals for proper seating. Triple angled cutters are used to machine the valve seats ensuring proper pressures and flow. All valves, valve springs and valve guides must pass our stringent process of meeting and exceeding OEM specifications. O.H.C. Heads are aligned for proper bore consistency. Every remanufactured long block has been specifically engineered to help improve the inherent flaws and failure points that can be found in many of today's engines.
- Core Deposit Application 1
- 1999-2008: $525.00
- Core Deposit Application 2
- 2008-2013: Call
- Included With Long Block Engine
- Completely remanufactured Short Block, High Temp Cylinder Heads, New Oil Pump or Oil Pump Kit, Gaskets, Lifters, Rods and Pistons. Timing cover and oil pan not included.
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- Compatible Models
- Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep
- ADAPT (Advanced Dyno And Performance Testing) Our highest level of testing
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- Original Manufacturer
- Chrysler Corporation
- Production Years Covered
- 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013