- Reduced price
Ford 4.2 256 Long Block Crate Engine Sale
The Ford 4.2 liter 256 Long Block Crate Engine is on sale. From F150 pickups to Mustangs, the 356 can be found in a variety of Ford rear wheel drive vehicles from 1997 to 2005. This OHV (overhead valve engine) has a slight model change between 2000 and 2001, variants are listed below. This is not a rebuilt 4.2 long block, our XP1 series is a completely remanufactured engine that utilizes upgraded parts designed to increase its longevity.
1997-2000: O.H.V. - R.W.D. - F150 - 6 Bolt Studs in Main
2001-2005: O.H.V. - R.W.D. -RFIL3E w/ Small Main Studs
Our precision 4.2 remanufactured block
Every Ford 4.2 block must pass our magnaflux inspection designed detect any microscopic flaws or cracking. Blocks are then thermal cleaned followed by steel micro blasting until they achieve a brilliant appearance. Once a block is fully cleaned, we begin our precision boring and honing process. Using a carbon two-stage power hone we can maximize the sealed area and ensure to precisely meet the recommended RMA readings. Computerized micrometers are used to resize rods with strict accordance to factory recommendations. Crankshaft's are precision cut and micro polished to achieve a 12 RMA reading or better.
Custom long block assembly
We meticulously mill each Cylinder Head until perfect alignment and sealing of the head gasket is achieved. Our Cylinder Heads are assembled using a new valve stem and seals that feature the latest in high temperature technologies increasing heat resistance and longevity. These polished Cylinder Heads are pressure tested using magnetic detection to eliminate the chance of cracks or flaws unseen by the human eye. Before each head is mated their block using the correct torque valve we vacuum test all seals for proper seating. Triple angled cutters are used to machine the valve seats ensuring proper pressures and flow. All valves, valve springs and valve guides must pass our stringent process of meeting and exceeding OEM specifications. O.H.C. Heads are aligned for proper bore consistency. Every remanufactured long block has been specifically engineered to help improve the inherent flaws and failure points that can be found in many of today's engines.
- Core Deposit Application 1
- 1997-2000: $250.00
- Core Deposit Application 2
- 2001-2005: $300.00
- Included With Long Block Engine
- Completely remanufactured Short Block, High Temp Cylinder Heads, New Oil Pump or Oil Pump Kit, Gaskets and Lifters. Timing cover and oil pan not included.
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- ADAPT (Advanced Dyno And Performance Testing) Our highest level of testing
- Original Manufacturer
- Production Years Covered
- 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- Cubic Inches