- Reduced price
A500 42RE Transmission Sale
It is time for our 42RE transmission super sale. The A500 is also more commonly known as the 42RE. It is a 4 speed automatic that was originally manufactured by TorqueFlite. The 42RE was used in Dodge and Jeep applications from 1982 through 2004. 42RE is the first of its series to feature an electronically controlled overdrive. The A500 42RE was specifically designed for Dodge Ram, Dakota, Durango and Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles with 3.9 and 4.0 liter engines. For a limited time, when you purchase our 42RE transmission we will throw in a performance lockup torque converter and Hayden internal cooler for free.
Core Deposit: $500.00
Some of our many 42RE Transmission and torque converter performance enhancing upgrades
Our 42RE features Performance valve body, throttle valve, manual valve, four spool switch valve, pressure regulator, and governor plugs. The updated valve body is designed to charge the torque converter even while your vehicle is in park. This will increase longevity and enhance gear performance. The lockup torque converter is made to prevent leaks, enhance balance and power distribution. This torque converter exceeds OE requirements. Our pumps have been designed to eliminate slippage and provide equal internal pressures. The updated eight plate clutch and new thrust plate in make out 42RE much more durable. Special bushings are polished to a mirror finish, 16 RA or better to increase the transmissions ability to contain pressure. For a limited time every 42RE transmission will be equipped with a Hayden external fluid cooler which will dramatically decrease your chances of your transmission overheating. Our custom machined output shafts are designed to fit early and late style yokes. The extra large reverse brake strut solves inherent problems with clearance and break drum slippage. We update the 42RE planetary with one of the best five pinion units around to give this transmission maximum power handling. Before any unit ships, we ensure reliability with our advanced dyno and performance testing.
- Core Deposit
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- Torque Converter
- Performance 42RE Lockup Torque Converter Included
- Fluid Type
- ATF DEXRON III or ATF-4
- Original Manufacturer
- Alternate Names
- A500, 42RE
- Transmission Type
- 4 Speed Automatic Transmission
- Compatible Models
- Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Ram, Durango, Dakota
- Build Certification
- Engine Size
- 4.0L, 3.9L
- 14 Pan Bolts. With Lockup TC. Includes Hayden Cooler.
- Included Upgrades
- Original Manufacturer Flaws and TSB Rectification, Shift Kits, Valve Bodies, Seal, Bearing, Clutch Packs, Bushings, Bands, Torque Signal Regulator and Boost Valve, Corrosion Resistance, TCC Valve and Regulator, Torque Converter and Much More
- ADAPT (Advanced Dyno And Performance Testing) Our highest level of testing
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- Production Years Covered
- 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004