- Reduced price
Ford 4.0 244 SOHC Long Block Crate Engine Sale
Our Ford 4.0 244 SOHC Long Block Crate Engine is on sale. In 1997 Ford introduced the first SOHC (Single Over Hed Cam) version of their 4.0 motor. The first vehicles to receive this engine were the Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer, years later they begin production and vehicles like the Ford Ranger, Courier, Mustang, Mazda B4000, and Land Rover LR3. A rebuilt 4.0 long block that uses the bare minimum of quality parts can end up causing problems down the road. Our XP1 performance 244 blocks are completely remanufactured using upgraded parts that is specifically designed to increase the longevity of your engine.
Core Deposit: Call for Current Price
Our precision remanufactured Ford 4.0 block
Every Ford 4.0 block must pass our magnaflux inspection designed detect any microscopic flaws or cracking. Blocks are then thermal cleaned followed by steel micro blasting until they achieve a brilliant appearance. Once a block is fully cleaned, we begin our precision boring and honing process. Using a carbon two-stage power hone we can maximize the sealed area and ensure to precisely meet the recommended RMA readings. Computerized micrometers are used to resize rods with strict accordance to factory recommendations. Crankshaft's are precision cut and micro polished to achieve a 12 RMA reading or better.
Custom Ford 4.0 long block assembly
We meticulously mill each Cylinder Head until perfect alignment and sealing of the head gasket is achieved. Our Cylinder Heads are assembled using a new valve stem and seals that feature the latest in high temperature technologies increasing heat resistance and longevity. These polished Cylinder Heads are pressure tested using magnetic detection to eliminate the chance of cracks or flaws unseen by the human eye. Before each head is mated their block using the correct torque valve we vacuum test all seals for proper seating. Triple angled cutters are used to machine the valve seats ensuring proper pressures and flow. All valves, valve springs and valve guides must pass our stringent process of meeting and exceeding OEM specifications. O.H.C. Heads are aligned for proper bore consistency. Every remanufactured long block has been specifically engineered to help improve the inherent flaws and failure points that can be found in many of today's engines.
- Core Deposit
- Call 1-888-995-7278
- Included With Long Block Engine
- Completely remanufactured Short Block, High Temp Cylinder Heads, New Oil Pump or Oil Pump Kit, Gaskets and Lifters. Timing cover and oil pan not included.
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- ADAPT (Advanced Dyno And Performance Testing) Our highest level of testing
- Alternate Names
- 4.0, 244, SOHC
- Compatible Models
- Ford Explorer, Ranger, Courier, Mustang, Mazda B4000, Mercury Mountaineer, Land Rover LR3
- Original Manufacturer
- Ford Motor Company
- Production Years Covered
- 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Cubic Inches