- Reduced price
48RE Transmission and HD Torque Converter
The 48RE transmission is for sale at an all time low price. This transmission was Chrysler's proverbial Workhorse in modern-day pickup trucks. It was a much stronger replacement and solved some inherent flaws from its predecessor the 47RE. Every 48RE transmission has been upgraded and tested to meet and exceed OEM specifications. The 48RE is a 4 speed automatic transmission, it was manufactured between the years 2002 to 2010. It was a direct replacement for the Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 series trucks. The 48RE was primarily used 5.9 diesel engine. Be sure to take advantage of the sale because quantities won't last long.
Core Deposit: $1,500.00
48RE Transmission Rebuild Process
The 48RE torque converter is tested for leaks, lockup, concentricity, and balance, Upgrades, including billet converter cover with machined mounting pads, surpass OE requirements, thereby eliminating the possibility of front seal leaks, premature bushing wear. and vibration. Diesel and heavy-duty gasoline applications equipped with new 48RE heavy-duty lock-up lining, upgraded valve body includes updated throttle valve, manual valve, 4-spool switch valve, and pressure regulator valve for improved shifting, lubrication, and performance. Valve body is modified to allow torque converter charge in park to increase durability and enhance gear engagements.
Completely remanufactured pump provides consistent internal I pressures, eliminating slipping and delayed engagement. High/Reverse clutch updated to four plates for both gas and diesel applications. Overdrive (OD) direct clutch updated to 10-plate clutch for increased durability. Overdrive (OD) direct clutch updated thrust plate_ Overdrive (OD) planetary assembly upgraded to 5-pinion unit for increased durability. Overdrive (OD) dutch updated to 4-plate clutch for gas applications and 5-plate clutch for diesel applications. Oversize Low/Reverse brake band strut installed to maintain correct band clearance for elimination of drum slippage and "no-reverse" condition on. SP-spec 48RE bushings installed as needed to improve internal fluid flow control and pressures. Bushings and machined surfaces polished to mirror-like OE finish of 16 RA or less.
- Core Deposit
- What Is XP1
- Far from just being rebuilt, the Xtreme Performance series 1 is an OEM replacement that has been fully remanufactured with upgraded parts that have been designed to increase performance, reliability and longevity.
- Build Type
- Performance Grade remanufactured, not rebuilt
- Transmission Type
- 4 Speed Automatic
- Build Certification
- Fluid Type
- Mopar ATF Plus
- Original Manufacturer
- Dodge / Chrysler
- Alternate Names
- Level 3 Performance and Dyno Testing
- Compatible Models
- Dodge Ram, 2500, 3500, SRT 10
- Production Years Covered
- 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Engine Size
- 5.9L Diesel / HO ISB / 600 / 610
- Included Upgrades
- Original Manufacturer Flaws and TSB Rectification, Shift Kits, Valve Bodies, Seal, Bearing, Clutch Packs, Bushings, Bands, Torque Signal Regulator and Boost Valve, Corrosion Resistance, TCC Valve and Regulator, Torque Converter and Much More
- Tag Number
- 52854205AA, 5086356AB, 5103351AA, 52854201AA, 5086355AB, 52854078AA, 5159974AA, 52854239AA, 5159973AA, 52854238AA